Tuesday 18 August 2015

Spot The Difference - Part 1!!!

I feel so behind on my blogging!!! So the next few days will hold a few posts on various summer activities!! It's been another pretty mental year, and this time last year I was in Zambia!!! I can't quite believe how quickly this year has gone but maybe that's not necessarily a bad thing!

 The biggest memories that stand out to me this past year are;

  •  Handing in my dissertation
  •  Going to Croatia
  •  21st birthday party
  •  Graduating!!
  •  Boundless
  •  Music School!!  
There is so so much I could talk about in each of these events but the most surprising to myself has been Graduating - something I thought I would never do this time last year!! And the most recent and one of the most eventful has been music school; little did I know I would attend TWO this year!!!





TMS;
Territorial Music School has got to be one of the highlights of my year, every year! A whole week I get to spend with my closest friends, having a laugh, growing spiritually and challenging ourselves!! This year had to be my most challenging one yet! I really impressed myself in what I was capable of, finding the bravery and strength to deal with certain situations that I always thought would just crush me!! At the end of that week, my eyes certainly were opened a little bit to sorting myself out and finding who I really am.
Embraced my crazy side in fancy dress with some fab gals!


One of the songs we sang with the Girls Chorus got me every time - Blessings.
So much love for this AMAZING group!!!! <3 


What if your blessings come through raindrops,
What if your healing comes through tears,
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know you're near.
And what if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise.




So what if everything I've been through so far has been to make me stronger? To be able to help others? To prove to myself what I'm capable of? ..... I think so. Because by the end of that week at TMS I felt like a weight had lifted from me, like my insides were made from cotton wool!! 

This isn't to say I have it all sorted and all together because I don't by any means, I've had my slip ups and my down days since that happened but the difference is how I deal with those down days and slip ups!! 

So I couldn't quite let go of my music school friends and the experience; so 2 days before it started I signed up to Northern Summer School (NSS) for another week of fun, challenge and friendship!! 

Stay tuned for 'Spot The Difference - Part 2!!' 

'ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment